Saturday, April 2, 2011

Jude & Zeke – Day 2 – Saturday 3/26/2011

Jude & Zeke – Day 2 – Saturday 3/26/2011

I had to continue with the mag treatment until 4pm that day and I so I didn’t get to the boys until about noon that day.

Jude had been cleaned up and was doing so well that he got to have his nasal cannula taken out and was doing great on room air. He also was able to maintain his body temperature while being swaddled so his warmer was turned off. He began to take a bottle by mouth and was given 5 ml every 3 hrs. He was put on the bili blanket to help control jaundice. His weight had dropped to 5 lbs. 1 oz. He continued on the bill lights and looks like a light glow worm!!


Picture: Jude's first bottle, he drained it :)

Picture: Daddy and Jude


Zeke was looking a little more comfortable but still did not tolerate much touching. He wanted a hand on him but not moving around, it was just too uncomfortable. So we just looked and when he cried we just put a hand on him or gave him his pacifier which he really has grown to love. He is quit the sucker. It was so hard to not pick him up and just make him feel better, very very difficult to see him struggle with breathing. He did get to go down on the flow with the cpap to 4 liters. He continued on the IV for nutrients.



Picture: Zeke on the bili lights. Gramma Beth says he looks like a race car with the lights underneath!



Gramannette got to meet the boys today too! My mom arrived from the airport later that evening and I was a mess, just feeling really guilty and like I failed my boys. I can’t describe how horrible it felt to see the boys, especially Zeke struggle and just see how tiny they were. My mom went with me to the NICU and the boys already looked better, Zeke looked a little more comfortable too. It made me feel a little better. Gramma Beth also got to hold Jude for the first time tonight, but I forgot my camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment