Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jude & Zeke Day 12 – Tuesday 4/5/11

Jude & Zeke Day 12 – Tuesday 4/5/11

Last night Aunt Caitlin took me to the NICU so Matt and Uncle Tyler could watch the basketball game. We did not need much convincing to miss out on the big game. Aunt Caitlin is very scared of little babies so it was fun semi-forcing her to hold Zeke. I think she secretly enjoyed it and got over the fear pretty quickly. She did great with Zeke.


While at the NICU I started getting a really bad headache and seeing stars. I asked if there was somewhere in the hospital I could just get my blood pressure taken but apparently that’s not how it works. So we left the NICU and went to a CVS, my pressure was moderately high but nothing too alarming.

After all of that I decided I better get some sleep so I got over the mommy guilt and skipped the morning feeding today and got another little increment of sleep. I feel a lot better after some additional sleep.

We took Jude’s new car seat to the NICU today and they are looking at doing both his sleep study and car seat test sometime tomorrow. We are so close to getting that little guy home!



Zeke is still hit and miss on taking his feedings. He didn’t finish his feeding over night by bottle or the combination of breast and bottle while I was there for the noon feeding. Once he is taking all his feedings by mouth then he will need to keep it up for a couple of days and be gaining weight. There is no real way to tell how quickly he could do it but I am praying that it won’t be too much longer. He is starting to get really good at taking out his feeding tube so hopefully he will decide the bottle is better.




The girls are starting to show some signs of stress with the hecticness of life right now. Ayla got sick overnight and it gave her some quality time with dad in the middle of the night which I think they both enjoyed. Eden lets a lot more things roll of her back and she seems really happy. I’m hoping Ayla will do better with it all when Jude comes home. Eden will probably be confused, she really just thinks we have Zeke and Jude’s just some other baby along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment