Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Weekend Get-A-Way!

Matt and I were blessed with an amazing weekend away to Fredericksburg, TX by Matt's wonderful parents. It was our Christmas present and we have been anticipating a great weekend away! We stayed in the Alamo Springs Country Cabins.





 
We were greeted by these front porch rockers and I was excited because I knew the weather was going to be gorgeous and in the 80's!

When we left all the kids at home I promised myself I was going to bring my BIG camera and enjoy taking some pictures, so this might be picture overload!



The cabin was so cute in all of its country chic decor. I LOVED it! It was so cozy and perfect for a weekend get-away with Matt. The wood ceilings reminded us of our first home in Ohio. 



They left us bacon and eggs and other breakfast goodies so we could fix ourselves breakfast. It was fabulous! Matt loves to cook breakfast food and it was a perfect lazy morning.



Of course my favorite part was the bathroom. It had a whirlpool tub and separate shower and was so relaxing. I felt very spoiled! :)








The days were completely gorgeous but it got cool at night so coming back starting up the fireplace was such a great treat!



It was Matt's birthday while we were there so I left him this message in the bathroom! I love that guy ...


We went to this thing called "Trade Days" in Fredericksburg. It is awesome if you love junk and old things and lots of weird bizarre things and we do. I picked up some great stuff for the house, some old windows and some things for my photography business. We also got some great organic herbs for a steal, $1.50 per plant! It was great! Here is a picture of the weirdest thing we saw there ... 


There is a vendor that sells all sorts of doll parts and heads and they are just strung out everywhere. This hand/arm was in the ground ... creepy!


Within walking distance of the cabins is this out of the way place called the Alamo Springs Cafe. This place has a TON of character. I love finding places like this. This little cafe boasts a hamburger that will knock your socks off ... seriously its been voted the Best Burger Joint in Texas.


And it has a FRIED AVOCADO! When I ordered it, I thought it'd just be slices but it was an avocado stuffed with hamburger and cheese, it was awesome! We ordered this as the appetizer. I had a Blue Cheese Burger with Avocado, Roasted Garlic, Onion, Tomato and Lettuce ... SO GOOD!



We could also hear the live music on our front porch rockers while we digested our yummy food back at the cabin. 

As if this place didn't have enough character it has two resident porch animals; a one blue eye-one brown eye black dog lazily laying on the porch and a beautiful orange cat bathing in the sunset. 



You will have to drive 11 miles down an obscure country road to find this little cafe but its so worth it if you are ever in Fredericksburg!

All in all we enjoyed our trip and returned sunburned but rested to our lovely children and back for Saturday night youth and church. Great trip! Thanks Joe & Annette!

Here are a few of my "fun" shots ...







No comments:

Post a Comment